zaterdag 29 augustus 2015

the next chapter

This is my first blog in English. If you want to read the original blog in Dutch, you can go to hermanelsenbroek.blogspot.com.

Right now I am in Aalborg, Denmark, and standing at the beginning of a new chapter in following Jesus. You might wonder how it is possible that I follow Jesus. You might know who I was and which mistakes I made, the mistakes I made again, and again...

The good news is that I follow Jesus, thanks to Jesus! Let me explain. Without Him I was a sinner, again and again I fell in the same mistakes and couldn't get rid of it. If it was only up to me, I would be a hopeless case. But Jesus made me see I was a slave to sin and the road I took had nothing but a dead end. Thanks to Him I could repent of my sinful life, because I could turn to something better, to Him. He bore my punishment on the cross, died and rose from the dead. That is why I got baptized in Jesus, so my old life would die and I could get a new and cleansed life. What a gift! Now I live with the Holy Spirit, who takes me deeper and deeper in the truth, so my mind gets renewed.
The last two months my mind got renewed a lot. I still made mistakes, but God showed me what the truth is. That I have been given a new nature and have been made free from the power of sin. Starting to see that is amazing and so liberating!
Looking back now I see I was evil in nature, I made bad choices and kept making them. But the truth is that I am renewed and I am starting to see that more and more. In short, God is amazing!

Can you see that this is good news for you too? There is forgiveness, freedom and a new life for everybody. Do you want to now what to do...?

''Repent and be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. This promise is for everybody.''

If you want to see how clear the Bible is about the power of baptism, take a look at:

  • Acts 2:38 -  Repentance and baptism for forgiveness of sins;
  • Acts 22:16 - Baptism for washing sins away;
  • Rom. 6 - In baptism buried and raised with Jesus. The end of your sinful life and the beginning of a new life;
  • Gal. 3:27-28 - Clothed with Christ through baptism and becoming one in Christ;
  • Eph. 5:25-26 - Cleansed through baptism;
  • Col.2:11-12 -  Baptism is putting off the self ruled by the flesh, getting buried and being raised to life;
  • Tit. 3:5 -  Saved through the washing of rebirth;
  • 1 Pet. 3:21 / Heb. 9:14 -  Baptism saves and clears your conscience.
Baptism in Norway
Public baptism, Norway
Last week I was in Norway where I witnessed the saving power of Jesus, what a great privilege! People where set free from demons, received healing en were baptized in water and with the Holy Spirit.

From Monday on the Luke 10 training will start here. I got the privilege to take others with me on the street to share healing en the good news, to receive and give teaching and to live in a loving family of disciples of Jesus. We all will, and we already are, learning a lot.

To get a little taste of what I am doing here, see this video of yesterday:

There is too much to tell for now, but I hope to be able to communicate a tip of the iceberg every once in a while.

God bless you!


First match with  For Christ (FC) Aalborg 2
In the zoo, Norway

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten